This recipe is usually what many of you know as Eggplant Parmesan, but I’m not the biggest fan of eggplant; therefore, here is my spin on this classic recipe made many different ways throughout Italy.
Recipe Type: Dinner
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 Ingredients
- 4 large zucchini
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large organic eggs, beaten, & seasoned with salt/pepper
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt & black pepper
- 2 cups of favorite marinara sauce
- ¼ freshly grated parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- ½ pound grated mozzarella cheese
- Crumbled cooked sausage meat (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Peel the zucchini, then cut them lengthwise in thin slices.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat; dip zucchini slices into the egg and flour then fry until golden on both sides.
- Grease a baking dish with a non-stick spray. Then cover the bottom with a layer of marinara sauce.
- Add zucchini to the baking dish on top of the marinara sauce.
- Add mozzarella, a little more marinara sauce, parmesan cheese, and cooked sausage if you choose.
- Repeat the process in layers until you use all the ingredients.
- Bake until golden brown and cheese is melted; about 10-15 minutes. Check frequently.